Reflecting…is an essential and valuable step. But reflection best comes later, when we have some momentum. ~ Herminia Ibarra
Sacred Time is looking for a qualified Intern or Contractor to join the efforts to increase our visibility. We’re a Career Coaching practice which incorporates metaphors, story, and the natural world in our client sessions and seminars. We conduct our programs either in local parks or in our downtown office.
This is an opportunity to work with an entrepreneurial-minded communications professional which could mean a chance to create tangibles for a personal portfolio, find your professional voice, and have time to work on other ventures.
Responsibilities Can Include
- Identifying and prospecting new opportunities
- Participation in weekly meeting/brainstorming sessions
- Assist in the creation of print and online marketing materials
- Assist with preparation and delivery of training materials
- Perform analysis of market and sales data
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Prepare presentations/reports
- Enter data into spreadsheet
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Assist with research and reporting on media, demographics, and industry trends
In addition, the intern will be expected to manage and report on at least one project from start to finish.
Possible Projects Include:
- Researching the viability of new opportunities
- Compiling and presenting statistics
- Evaluating potential outreach platforms, intended use, and our use
- Proposing an outreach strategy
- Preparing budgets, reports, plans, or proposals
- Developing process directions for tasks
- Competitive analysis / service comparisons
Sacred Time is looking for a student or contractor in the Whatcom/Skagit County area who is enrolled in a program for sales, marketing, advertising, business management, or public relations.
Independent Contractors in the Whatcom/Skagit County area who have graduated from a program focused on sales, marketing, advertising, business management, or public relations are also encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with extensive working knowledge of web and social media, Microsoft Office products including Word and Publisher, and the ability to learn quickly. Interns should be organized, professional, highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work collaboratively, independently, and with a diverse population.
- Students must be enrolled in a marketing, sales, advertising, business management, or public relations program with at least a 3.0 GPA. Independent Contractors must have graduated with at least a 3.0 GPA or have related-work experience and three references.
- Students are responsible for obtaining the necessary approval from program officials in order to receive course credit.
- The student must be able to complete a minimum of 36 and a maximum of 160 hours in a season (3-16 hours/week for 10 weeks for example).
- Internship seasons are July-September (Summer), October-December (Autumn), January-March (Winter), or April-June (Spring). The required number of hours will be adjusted to meet school requirements for students, or individual goals for Independent Contractors.
Besides workplace experience, the possibility of course credit, and the chance to create at least one tangible item for your portfolio, you will receive a reference and/or letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship term and a free hour-long professional coaching session per season (four total) for one year after completion of the internship as a member of our Transitions program.
Sales interns have the unique opportunity to earn a 10-25% commission on all clients they secure during the length of their contract. This will be negotiated based on experience and requirements of school internship programs.
To apply for this internship please submit cover letter and resume to Info[at]Sacred-Time.com. In the subject line include the name and season of the position you are applying for. In the cover letter please outline your long-term career goals and why you would be the best candidate for this role. The resume should include all relevant work experience. If you’re interested and you require certain criteria be met in order to gain college credit please email to make the request, otherwise proof of enrollment in an appropriate program and one reference will be requested for those candidates who make it past the interview stage.